As I've gotten older, I've come to understand the imortance of planning, setting goals, and dreaming. Each new year gives us the perfect opportunity to set aside time to do those things. If you're anything like me, when you hear talk about new year's resolutions you probably hear Miranda Priestly's voice in the back of your head saying, "Resolutions? For the new year? Groundbreaking."
In all seriousness, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't believe in resolutions.
Resolutions are simply a decision to do or not to do something, but setting goals and achieving those goals is so much more satisfying. I must admit that there were several items on my list of goals last year that I didn't complete, and if I'm being honest, it was largely due to lack of motivation, laziness, and other excuses. While my goals last year were certainly achievable, the items were fairly broad, and while I hope to continuously work on and improve those goals, I have come up with 17 specific, achievable goals for the new year and the products I'd use to help me:
1. Discover new, fun ways to be more active and exercise.
2. Become fluent in spanish using audiobooks.
3. Read more books, just for enjoyment!
4. Complete a daily devotional.
5. Memorize more scripture and apply it to my daily life.
6. Be more consistent with my blog posts.
7. Plan at least 2 new travel adventures this year.
8. Tackle finishing decorating our house.
9. Learn how to hand letter.
10. Learn and practice basics for photography.
11. Utilize my crockpot for less stressful weeknight dinners!
12. Choose joy. Every day.
13. Go to more concerts.
14. Enjoy the fresh air.
15. Take in more sunsets.
16. Schedule my "screen time" to limit it.
17. Pray continuously, and pray for others.
Check out some of my favorite products I'll be using to help me accomplish these goals here:
I'm so excited for another opportunity for new adventures and new beginnings, and to work consistently every day towards achieving my goals for this year.
I hope 2017 is off to a fantastic start for y'all!
Thanks for stopping by!
Little bitty love,